Fellow Eligibility Criteria
Every November, DIVERT Mental Health will recruit approximately 20 Fellows per year. Fellows are master’s, doctoral students, postdoctoral fellows, and early career researchers conducting or planning to conduct research for accessible and inclusive mental health care.
DIVERT Mental Health will prioritize recruiting a diverse cohort of Fellows from across Canada. Applications for 2024 are now closed. Please check back in late Fall 2024 to apply to be apart of the 2025 Fellow cohort.
Register as an Associate Fellow member to stay in the loop and receive instant & free 24/7 access to our online Learning Management System, mentorship opportunities, and more!
Eligibility criteria (you must meet all three criteria):
- The trainee or ECR (within the first 5 years of independent appointment) is currently residing in Canada.
- The trainee or ECR is training/working at a University or Hospital Research Institute in Canada and will continue for at least 18 months from their application date at that same University or Hospital Research Institute. This fellowship is not for people who are in the last year of their degree program or their early career eligibility period.
- The trainee or ECR is leading a research project focused on digital, virtual and/or technological innovation in mental health care for children, youth, and families on or relevant to traditionally marginalized populations.
Benefits of being a DIVERT Fellow
- Access to exciting monthly virtual education activities.
- Travel support to annual in-person regional meetings.
- Prioritized access to mentorship affinity groups with leaders in the field.
- A $5,000 stipend to support your training and professional development activities.
- Access to industry/NGO practicum grants.
- Support and mentorship with the trainee’s Individual Development Plan.
- Continuous training and career development support for years to come!